Thursday 24 November 2016

Overwhelming Gratitude

Over the last four or so days, many of you have reached out to my Dad, other members of my family and me. Thank you so much.

I cannot adequately describe how much your messages, mementos and prayers mean to us. With respect to your messages in particular, we have read them numerous times and they have been a tremendous source of comfort, hope and refuge for us.

For example:

“...I, along with so many others, are lifting you up to the Great Physician who holds all things, situations, people, circumstances, surprises, disappointments, ...everything in His loving hands. I pray for His peace to transcend all things as you wait, His hopes to envelope your thoughts, words and actions, His joy to be your strength. This morning in my devotions, a quote of Mother Teresa was included: ‘Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.’ - I always look forward to time spent with you along with the conversations, challenges, and laughter. You are a blessing to me and I am praying, praying, praying.” - Barbi Wall (Lethbridge, Alberta)

“Brother, just want you to know that I love you and that we are storming the gates of heaven in prayer for you.” - Matthew Beimers (Surrey, British Columbia)

“My friend - just got the note from Gayle that stopped me in my tracks. Will be in steadfast prayer for you and your family. Psalm 94:18-19.” - Tim Van Soelen (Sioux Centre, Iowa)

“Hey Doug, I heard your news from Brian and Gayle. Our Secondary Staff prayed for you at our devotions this morning and will continue to do so. You are a gift to CCS and and all the other PCCE schools.” - Layne Kilbreath (Calgary, Alberta)

“Oh Douglas, what are you doing big guy. This is crazy! You’ve been on my heart and mind daily since I heard you were in the hospital. Yesterday we prayed for you as a whole staff. Doug, I am praying for strength and peace for you as you await surgery and for good prognosis and healing (my “deep hope”). Love you brother! Deep peace, Dave.” - Dave Loewen (Surrey, British Columbia)

“Hi Doug! Just wanted to remind you how well loved you are! You are and have always been an all time Kuzyk family favorite! Know we are constantly keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers! We also know, most importantly, that you are a personal favorite of the Most High, our God in whom we place all our trust! No better place for you to be but in the care of the One who keeps count of the hairs, in your case, not on your head! We are here for you whatever you need! God Bless you and grant you peace! Lots of love.” - Arlene Kuzyk (Edmonton, Alberta)

Uncle Mike and Auntie Cath stopped by on Tuesday evening to visit my Dad. My Uncle Mike walked in the door and pulled this note out of his pocket.

While my Dad was in the hospital, a number of doctors, nurses and other patients commented that it seems like my Dad has a very strong support system in place. Your outpouring of support for us has demonstrated to us that none of them even knew the half of it.

The doctors, nurses and other patients saw the constant presence of our immediate family as well as visits from another eight family members and close friends. They did not see, and did not know, that there are also thousands of people supporting my Dad and our family from various communities.

We are so grateful for your support and our communities and we count these things as one of the truest examples of our family’s rich blessings. We continue to welcome your messages and mementos and ask for your prayers.

- Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment