Monday 28 November 2016

Surgery

We arrived at the hospital this morning around 5:15am. After hanging out in admitting for awhile, my Dad was taken to the operating room. My Dad and Mom had a chance to talk to Dr. O'Kelly quickly before the surgery. He said the surgery should last about 4-5 hours. Afterwards, my Dad will be taken to recovery before he is transferred to the ICU. What a huge answer to prayer that my Dad was taken into surgery first thing this morning. It is so wonderful that my Dad's weed from yesterday was addressed first thing this morning with a 7:20am surgery time and quick admittance into the operating room.

One of the hugest blessings today has been the prayers and support of our First Christian Reformed Church family.  Members of the congregation have signed up to pray continually for our Dad in half hour increments from 5:00am to midnight. I know this is bringing so much comfort to my Mom; she'll check the list and let us know who's praying for the next half hour.

Thank you for your prayers, text messages, and emails. The time is passing fairly quickly and we look forward to seeing our Dad after the physical beast is conquered. We are normally a fairly anxious group of people (us girls are, at least), but we can't believe the peace we feel today. Your prayers are quieting the beasts in our mind.  
- Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment