Thursday 1 December 2016

Home

Yesterday evening, Dr. O'Kelly stopped by to check on my Dad and told him that if everything continued to go well, my Dad could go home mid-morning today. Anticipating a short day at the hospital, my Mom and Leanne headed there in the morning. By noon, my Dad had still not been discharged, as things tend to take longer than expected when it comes to the hospital. At 3:30 this afternoon, my Dad and Mom finally walked through the door! Woohoo!

It sounds like this week will be quite similar to the week before surgery. Lots of sitting around, the same prescriptions every few hours, Leanne making us lunch everyday (fingers crossed). Probably sometime next week, my Dad will go in to get the pathology results. Four to six weeks from now, he'll go back for another CT scan to see how things are looking.

Yesterday afternoon, my Dad and I took a walk to the gardens in the hospital and talked about the blessings we've experienced throughout the last couple of weeks. My Dad has been travelling all over North America for the past few months. He has been driving to and from the cabin multiple times a week. He has been by himself in hotel rooms, airports, cars, and cities. What a huge blessing that his first seizures happened at home with my Mom. 

We also talked about how life can change so quickly. It is crazy to think that two weeks ago, life was normal. Our whole world changed in a matter of hours. But there is also gratefulness that we have had these two weeks. Our entire lives could have changed in a second with a car accident, a heart attack, a stroke. How blessed are we to be able to continue enjoying my Dad's company throughout his diagnosis and surgery.

We continue to be so appreciative of all the prayers being offered up for our Dad and our family. It is overwhelming and it brings me to tears when I think about it. You all are a huge blessing to my family at this time. How blessed we are to experience this uncertainty with a community that assures us that nothing is uncertain with God.

Also, my Dad is offering up a $25 gift card to Staples to the first person who correctly guesses the number of staples in his head!
Kase isn't much of a morning person but Grandpa expects him by 8:30am.
But he's happy by the time he walks in the door!
- Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment